[dba-Tech] Where is Control Panel in WIndows 8

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 09:54:53 CDT 2013

Meanwhile I am totally loving this new laptop. My ancient desktop may be
able for resusitation, that remains to be seen, but even should it live on,
as soon as I rescue its most recent data, then the plan is to dedicate it
to Ubuntu and/or Mint. I'll keep the newish laptop on Windows8. I'm
learning how this OS works. I still have to figure out several things. But
at least I can get to the traditional desktop when necessary. And a big
plus is how quickly it boots and also responds from hibernation mode.

This day is Big Fun. Brand new laptop way more powerful than my desktop.
I'm in seventh heaven. 8GB makes everything almost instantaneous.

A.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Peter Brawley <peter.brawley at earthlink.net
> wrote:

> On 2013-07-31 6:17 AM, Arthur Fuller wrote:
>
>> I want to uninstall a few things, notably McAfee, but cannot find Control
>> Panel as in Windows 7. Help!
>>

> Exactly. What were M$ engineers thiking?
>
> Hover mouse over top right corner, click on start, settings.
>
> PB

Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Niels Bohr