[dba-Tech] AngularJS: Write less code, go have beer sooner - anybody?

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Jun 8 05:49:01 CDT 2013

 Hi Hans --

Thank you, I have already noticed emberJS but I didn't know about canJS (I have just checked it - it looks good) (and many others I expect)...

As Jim have noted in this thread:

>  It is now hard just to decide which
> are the best products  to follow.

and so to not get stuck in "framework selection paralysis" it's time to make a decision - and I'd go with AngularJS - it looks the most natural for my development habits.

<<<
Of course, you can't really get a true sense of things just by reading someone's blog post.

Yes,but  I have read several opinions on AngularJS - they all were mostly positive and realistic. Yes, I realize they can be somehow biased. Anyway - I'm choosing angularJS.

Thank you.

- Shamil

Saturday, June  8, 2013 3:23 AM -07:00 from Hans-Christian Andersen <hans.andersen at phulse.com>:

>Cool. Of course, you can't really get a true sense of things just by reading someone's blog post.
>
>I'm not really going to bother debating where that author went wrong (which he did in some places) or not anyways. I thought this was simply a "I'll show you my technology and you show me yours" sort of emails (and I'm currently working on a Backbone application, so I have direct experience) and not some sort of framework/library competition.
>
>Have fun with Angular. You should, however, seriously consider playing with some of the others (the ones I suggested plus EmberJS, CanJS, etc) before getting too comfortable with just Angular.
>
>- Hans
>

>On 2013-06-07, at 3:06 PM, Salakhetdinov Shamil < mcp2004 at mail.ru > wrote:
>
>> Hi Hans --
>>
>> Did you read:  http://www.nebithi.com/2012/12/27/backbone-and-angular-demystifying-the-myths/ ?
>>
>>>  Plus, they are event driven, so you can make proper
>>> JavaScript applications the right way.
>> See above.
>>
>> See also:
>>  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9682092/databinding-in-angularjs#answer-9693933
>>

>> -- Shamil
>>
>> Friday, June  7, 2013 1:26 PM -07:00 from Hans-Christian Andersen < hans.andersen at phulse.com >:
>>> If suggest taking a look at  http://marionettejs.com/ or  http://kmalakoff.github.io/knockback/ .
>>>
>>> Both are based on Backbone.js and throw in some of the most popular tools, such as underscore.js and jquery etc.
>>>
>>> Plus, they are event driven, so you can make proper JavaScript applications the right way.
>>>
>>> You could also just use backbone.js, but both of these add nice additional features on top of backbone to make writing less but better code.
>>>
>>> Backbone is turning out to be the popular JavaScript framework, just as jquery became the defacto JavaScript library.
>>>
>>> - Hans

<<< skipped >>>