[dba-Tech] Learning and running AngularJS tutorials within VS2012

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Jun 8 16:51:30 CDT 2013

 Hi Gustav --

Telepathy - I'm glad it helped there :)

I should have also mentioned the following tool, which can be used to run individual tests from within VS2012:

"Chutzpah - A JavaScript Test Runner"
http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/71a4e9bd-f660-448f-bd92-f5a65d39b7f0

 But AFAIHF there is no way to run "end-to-end' tests (http://docs.angularjs.org/guide/dev_guide.e2e-testing) from within Visual Studio 2012: I'm still to find what tools would be most suitable for me to run such end-to-end testing...

BTW, I have just found the following interesting and helpful real life AngularJS application developer story  expressed in just one picture (but you have to read all comments and author's replies):

" My Experience With AngularJS - The Super-heroic JavaScript MVW Framework"
  http://www.bennadel.com/blog/2439-My-Experience-With-AngularJS-The-Super-heroic-JavaScript-MVW-Framework.htm
-- Shamil

Saturday, June  8, 2013 10:39 PM +02:00 from "Gustav Brock" <Gustav at cactus.dk>:
>Hi Shamil
>
>Thanks!
>Where did you learn reading minds? That was my next question - as I have no intension to leave VS.
>
>/gustav

> Hi All --
>
>Not sure if subject is a generally available in one place/ready to use info - so I'm trying to compile it from several sources and to post it here:
>
>Context: Given AngularJS tutorial -*  http://docs.angularjs.org/tutorial *
>
>Quiz: How one can work through this tutorial (including running its JavaScript - Jasmine - unit tests) *from within Visual Studio 2012?
>
>Solution:
>
>1. *Get and setup - "Chutzpah Test Adapter for Visual Studio 2012"
>
>http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/f8741f04-bae4-4900-81c7-7c9bfb9ed1fe 2. Start VS 2012 and create an empty web project.
>
>3. Put tutorial's entry html with AngularJS directives into default.html
>
>4 . Put JavaScript code from tutorial into source file(s) in /js sub-folder
>
>5. Put JavaScript code from tutorial with jasmine unit tests into source file(s) in /tests/unit sub-folder
>
>6. *Use
>
>/// <reference path="../../js/<your file name here>.js" />
>
>directive in JavaScript code jasmine unit test sources
>
>7. Run unit tests from within VS2012 in Unit Tests Explorer
>
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh270865.aspx#BKMK_Running_tests
>
>8. Run, edit, refresh your web app (default.html in the very beginning) by using VS 2012 Page Inspector - CTRL + K, CTRL + G.
>
>http://www.asp.net/vnext/overview/visual-studio/visual-studio-2012-page-inspector
>
>(As usual you can just run your web app in a browser by using CTRL+F5 (run) or F5 (run in debug mode))
>
>9. Enjoy!
>
>P.S.
>
>See also:
>
>Running JavaScript tests with Chutzpah