[dba-Tech] Trying to setup nodejs KARMA package...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Jun 9 16:13:28 CDT 2013

 Hi All --

Context: Win8

I have got node.js (32bit) installed into

C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs

Now when I'm trying to setup nodejs KARMA ( https://npmjs.org/package/karma ) package by using

npm install -g karma

it doesn't look to get installed properly - I can't find karma package within other nodejs packages under

C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules

AFAIS karma files get installed into

C:\Users\{{My User Name}}\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\karma
Is that a correct karma package setup location?

Do you have nodejs and karma running under MS Windows (any version) to check where karma package get installed?

Thank you.

P.S.

FYI: I have tried to setup nodejs 0.10.10 (from  http://nodejs.org/download/ ) both 64 and 32 bit - then setup karma - it didn't work - I was getting "cryptic" error messages when trying to run jasmine tests:

INFO [karma]: Karma server started at http://localhost:9876/
INFO [launcher]: Starting browser Chrome
ERROR [karma]: { [Error: spawn ENOENT] code: 'ENOENT', errno: 'ENOENT', syscall:
'spawn' }
Error: spawn ENOENT
at errnoException (child_process.js:980:11)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:771:34)

Then I googled and I have got some info that I should better try nodejs 0.8.20 - I have got it downloaded and setup - it worked better - I have started to get less cryptic error message:

 INFO [karma]: Karma server started at http://localhost:9876/
INFO [launcher]: Starting browser Chrome
ERROR [launcher]: Cannot start Chrome
CreateProcessW: The system cannot find the path specified.

I have googled more and I have found I have to edit chrome.js in /lib/launchers....

After edits I have started to get the following error message:

INFO [karma]: Karma server started at http://localhost:9876/
INFO [launcher]: Starting browser Chrome
ERROR [launcher]: Cannot start Chrome
CreateProcessW: Access is denied.

I have given up here for now...

--