[dba-Tech] Plumbers are more essential than web developers, even though they're less valued?

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Jun 12 14:42:09 CDT 2013

 Hi Jim --

Yes, I did check the comments. I have seen the stats somewhere - all the modern industries are for "kids" (12+ - 25) and young people - 20-40...

I'm in programming/databases not from the "first wave" times - I'm from the  "New Wave"  ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_wave_music ) times :)

-- Shamil

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:30 AM -07:00 from "Jim Lawrence" <accessd at shaw.ca>:
>Hi Shamil:
>
>I love it. Did you check out the attached comments some are equally as
>insightful.
>
>Many years ago, (1987) I quit a good career in the government, to start up
>my own computer company and made more in a couple years than I had in the
>previous 15 to 17 years...then the dot com bust.
>
>Web designing is for kids less the forty and more so less than thirty but
>that is where the money is.
>
>You, I and most of the group here are from the first wave (boom) and a few
>are from the second wave. Some made the transition (or had/have to) from the
>first wave to the second but many did/will not.
>
>Jim

Салахетдинов Шамиль