[dba-Tech] Windows 8: Not!

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Mon May 27 02:10:57 CDT 2013

It's  a mobile touch OS that has been added to a desktop. That's the error. Been using windows phones for a long time and its really great interface. On a touch screen tablet it's equally as good in my opinion as the Ipad I use most days. If they had simply left it as the OS for mobile and touch devices I think all would have been well with the world but they didn't.

Still don't think tis the death of MS far from it. You will still be having the MS is dead conversation in 50 years, well lost of us still around that is.

The Ipad is totally useful for anything real work related hence we will likely change to the surface or Windows Tablet based devices.

Martin