[dba-Tech] Microsoft and its future

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 07:49:12 CDT 2013

Initially I shared your frustration with Windows 8, but after a few days
and a reading of a free PDF I downloaded from somewhere called Windows 8
User Guide, I found myself growing fond of it. One big deal was attaching
an external monitor to my laptop, in stretch mode so both the built-in and
external were regarded as a single monitor. The aforementioned Guide taught
me a very important keystroke: a single tap on the Windows key, which
invokes a Win7-style desktop. Hence the beauty of having a pair of
monitors: I dragged the whole Win7 desktop to the external monitor and left
the tiles on the built-in.

Most of my work and tools are Win7-era, but once I'd installed all the
usual suspects (Office, NoteTab, Alpha Anywhere, SQL Server, MySQL etc.),
most of which In pinned to the taskbar, and from then on I was a very happy
camper. I guess you could colour me Converted.

Arthur

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Peter Brawley <peter.brawley at earthlink.net

Arthur