[dba-Tech] wi-fi plug-ins

John Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Tue Mar 11 21:54:37 CDT 2014

Kathryn and I are referring to the same type of device. She's using
Verizon's name for it (MiFi) and I'm referring to it in general terms. It is
not a smart phone. It is a "cell tower signal" based "wireless router". It
takes about 5 minutes to open the box and get it up and running the first
time. After that you just carry it around with you and your notebook and
turn it on to use it. They generally have pretty good battery life too so
you don't even have to plug all of that stuff in.

Some other people made the comment that you could use your cell phone (only
if it's a smart phone) to act in the same role which is called "tethering".
This means you are using your smart phone as a "cell tower signal" based
"wireless router".