[dba-Tech] wi-fi plug-ins

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 20:25:49 CDT 2014

Okay -- TracFone now sells smart phones, but I don't know what to look for.
I can send an inquiry to their CS, but I'm not sure how to ask -- if the
phone is capable of acting as an internet hotspot for my dell book?

Susan H.

Many cell phone companies now offer a "mobile hotspot". By using one of
these you don't have to figure out how to tether your cell phone, if you can
even do that with yours.

In as non-technical terms as I can put it - it is a device that translates
the cell tower's wireless radio signals to the signal that wireless
computers use.

They are usually routers too - which means you can connect more than one
device to their wireless signal.

Sometimes they even have a port for a wired connection.