[dba-Tech] Vagrant and/or quay.io Was: Re[2]: Bad karma - a kind of punning...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Jun 3 05:37:14 CDT 2015

 Hi Hans --

Is it possible to list briefly what is the difference/similarity (if any) of Vagrant's Boxes (https://docs.vagrantup.com/v2/boxes.html) and quai.io's  "Repeatable and Testable Deployments" ( http://docs.quay.io/solution/repeatable-deployments.html ) and "Zero Downtime Deployments" ( http://docs.quay.io/solution/zero-downtime-deployments.html ) ? I have very little knowledge of both but quai.io seems to me more promising, easier to handle and to deploy as "environments to deploy" are lighter...

Thank you.

-- Shamil