[dba-Tech] Has anyone kickstarted?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 13 13:41:28 CDT 2015

Hi John:

It does sound like a fun project for sure. Doing electronics is not my strong suit but if it works it will sure be useful. (I still have a soil testing kit...I wonder if this new product could replace it?)

Aside: Maker labs are all the rage out here...There one at the local college which is shared by the university, two private ones that anyone can become a member of and I have a friend that has virtually every piece of equipment (he even has a full lath that can cut hierarchical gears (used in his home made electric car), a 3D computerized boring machine and a medium size 3D printer that came in a kit) and has rented out his facilities for various projects. My friend built a new battery for my lawn mower and it has been running for 5 or 6 years...(he estimates it will recharge up to 15 years and maybe more). My lawn mower is one of the articles in his next monthly news letter.

Please keep me posted on your progress.