[dba-VB] Subversion, TortoiseSVN and VisualSVN

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Apr 26 07:04:22 CDT 2008

Hi John and Shamil

Exciting.
http://www.visualsvn.com/doc/getting-started.html

<quote>
Please note that when adding your code to an existing repository you can choose any kind of remote ones. For example, you can easily add your solution to a hosted repository provided by services like Google Code. Just copy a repository URL to the corresponding field in the dialog.
</quote>

What is that supposed to mean? What is a remote repository? I know the words, of course, but is it just a remote Apache server hooked up with Subversion?
Have never heard of Google Code. Can I use Google to store a project?

http://code.google.com/

How does that work and is it only for public access project? Or how would you control access for closed source projects?

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 26-04-2008 00:15 >>>
Wow, thanks for that.

I found a widget to integrate Subversion directly into Visual Studio.
It is called VisualVSN and costs $49 / developer license.  I just got
the eval but if it works as it says I will probably pay up.