[dba-VB] Simple web project

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 10:02:06 CDT 2009

I think it's a great idea, but, you are assuming that all volunteers have
access to the Web. That might currently be the case. However, that could
change at any time. Will the school give volunteers access to this web-based
application via a school computer? If that's the case, it doesn't even need
to be web-based. You could create a simple .exe and drop it on the
computer's desktop. Even VB Express can handle that.

I would recommend some kind of group/user security because... I hate to say
it, but I can easily see someone messing with the other volunteer's hours.
That's only necessary if they're entering their own information.

Web hosting shouldn't be a problem. I would imagine the school already has
that set up.

Susan H.