[dba-VB] FYI: SCRUM/Agile - Born To Cycle

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed May 27 16:44:36 CDT 2009

Hi Shamil,

I have recently decided to retire from the profession of programming and
instead live on my meager pension and become a hobbyist. As a result, I now
have a lot more time available than previously, when I was either working or
beating the bushes for work. It may happen that now and then I take a
short-term contract, but I am no longer looking for gigs. They will have to
look for me :) If the mountain will not come to Mohammed, etc.

It feels quite liberating to declare myself retired. It means that I can
unsubscribe from various lists that I was reading in an attempt to stay
abreast. It also means there are no deadlines. Of course, there are prices
to pay, but on the other hand I have no family, no mortgage and no car, so
it's possible that I can live on the pittance that my pension pays. There
won't be any vacations in Europe any more, but I can accept that. And on the
up-side, I have several novels to plough through, and the library is a short
walk away.

I am not throwing in the towel as a programmer. Call it, if you wish, a
sabbatical. I'm making enough time available to play with this project and a
couple of others, all guaranteed to make no money, but all guaranteed to
keep my brain stimulated.

In short, although my participation in Round One was minimal, I now have the
time to become more involved in Round Two.

Arthur