[dba-VB] NLog making progress

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Jul 24 09:41:10 CDT 2010

OK, so it appears that I am making progress.  I found an online tutorial

http://nlog-project.org/wiki/Tutorial#Installing_NLog

which got me set up and working on one project.

Basically after referencing in the project and using in the class, I insert something like:

         Logger nlog = LogManager.GetLogger("clsAZLog");

in the header of each class.

My question is, is there any syntax that could give me the name of the class?  IOW:

         Logger nlog = LogManager.GetLogger(SomeObject.Name);

where SomeObject is the class itself.  The objective to be just cutting and pasting a single
identical line in the header of each class.