[dba-VB] Unspecified Error

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Oct 29 05:31:22 CDT 2010

I've never programmed against an MDB.

Are you opening and closing the connection repeatedly?  I did have an issue where I was "leaking"
connections (kinda) and ran out of connections to SQL Server.  Basically the garbage collector runs
when it thinks it needs to.  If you don't force a cleanup of non-native (to .Net) objects such as
SQL Server connections, then the GC doesn't know it needs to clean up and doesn't do so.  I had to
build a dispose method for my classes and intentionally call that dispose method as the class was
closed, which forced the GC to release the non-native objects immediately instead of whenever it
decided to.