[AccessD] memory problems from a reader

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Fri Apr 25 20:41:54 CDT 2003

"We've just started actively using Access for our consumer database and lo
and behold, we may have already outgrown it. The database has 81,000 records
and is growing.  We are working in Access 97. When we went to do a simple
filter by field, the program told us we had a memory problem and were
limited to 65,000 records. We alerted our IT dept. and were informed that it
wasn't a server memory problem, but a limitation within Access."

=====81,000 records certainly doesn't sound terrible so is this perhaps a
known limitation with the filter by form feature?

Susan H.