[AccessD] ADP vs Access mdb/SQL

Henry Simpson hsimpson88 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 1 21:05:54 CST 2003

You may want to take a peek at what Microsoft has being up to with the
'.Net' label.  I have the url below provided by an online magazine to which
I'm subscribed.  They have been backpedalling from the initial plan as there
was no way they could sell...

"It's a framework for how Microsoft is going to start offering software in
the form of revenue-renewable services. Think "subscription model." Think
"hosting." Think Microsoft Internet Strategy Day (Dec. 7, 1995) revisited."

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,4248,989331,00.asp

Apparently this has left a real bad taste in many mouths and hasn't helped
Microsoft one bit in its war with Sun.  Fortunately they have been
abandoning the association with .net to make their efforts more subtle and
palatable.  As development languages mature they generally become easier to
work with and it would have been unfortunate to have more people converting
to open source solely because of the negative association that .Net implies.

Hen