[AccessD] ADP vs Access mdb/SQL

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Wed Apr 2 09:24:45 CST 2003

> When possible if I think the information is useful I will post but the
> nature of the relationship with MS means we cannot be real explicit
> about what's going on or possibility going on and have to trust that
> people will read between the lines.

=======The result is, you just worry people about things that may be
possible a few years into the future -- we all know by now that big changes
are coming in Access 12 -- even the general public knows it -- but to scare
people into wondering whether they'll be able to use their existing
applications isn't a good thing Martin -- and I think that's all you two are
doing -- making people worry.

If you've got an MSDE version of Access and it works, it's going to work,
period. If you want to keep it and a later version of Access, or more
reasonably SQL Server no longer supports it, what have you lost? Nothing --
continue to use your application in that version that supports it. Access 12
and the next SQL Server are still far enough away that I wouldn't be basing
any decisions I made on either one of them.

Susan H.