[AccessD] Oracle into Access

Gary Kjos garykjos at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 08:21:10 CDT 2003

Hi Mike,

Not entirely clear on what a "Custome Package" is in Oracle. But I use
Access front ends to Oracle databases every day, primarily using ODBC Linked
tables. I have a couple applications that I use pass-through queries. With a
pass-through query you create an Oracle SQL statment and it is then sent
directly to Oracle without interpretation by Access. This allows you to do
anything you could do using another SQL to Oracle interface, including
calling Oracle Stored Procedures or custom functions. So I think the answer
to your question is YES.

Have a look in the Access help on "Pass-Through Query" and perhaps it will
get you started.

Gary Kjos
garykjos at hotmail.com