[AccessD] Oracle into Access

Gowey Mike W Mike.W.Gowey at doc.state.or.us
Thu Apr 17 09:44:35 CDT 2003

Thanks Gary,

So when I open a Pass thru query, how do I call a function that is built
on the Oracle side?  On the Oracle side there is a package that contains
several functions that changes data in the tables.  I want to be able to
call one of these functions and have it run.  Most of these functions
manipulate records in the tables by moving records from one table to
another.

A Brief description of what is happening:  In access I give the user the
ability to correct problems with a record and once the record is
corrected the function from Oracle needs to be called so that it can
move that record to the permanent table and remove it from the temp
table.  It also has code that checks the record again for accuracy and
inputs a record in a History table with what fields where changed.

Mike Gowey, MCP
Technical Support Analyst
SRCI ISSD Team Leader
(541)881-4808