[AccessD] Secured vs. Unsecured FEs

Michael Maddison mmaddison at optusnet.com.au
Sat Apr 19 06:11:52 CDT 2003

Kath,

May I suggest you get some clarification regarding the situation here in
Australia.
My information had always been along the same lines as you state, however
dealings
with our federal govt forced me to change my opinion.  The law actually
states
that governments (doesn't specify which) always retain copyright of any
contracted
work unless they specifically sign it away.  I am not a lawyer so you should
get a
legal opinion if you feel this may ever be an issue for yourself.

cheers

Michael M

That's interesting Stephen, because my advice here (Australia) has been that
by default ownership rests with the developer, so I don't supply the FE mdb
in every case. It is a case by case situation for me.

Kath