Setting up a virtual disk - Was: Re: [AccessD] Setting up a r am disk

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Fri Apr 25 16:50:04 CDT 2003

A virtual disk uses MEMORY, not hard drive space.  What you want is SUBST,
which creates a Drive letter for a folder on your hard drive.

ie, on your C: Drive, put a folder and call it XDrive.

Then go to a DOS prompt and type:

SUBST X: C:\XDrive

Now you have a drive called X, which is really the XDrive folder on C:.  But
you can read and write to it, just like it's another drive or partition.

Drew