Setting up a virtual disk - Was: Re: [AccessD] Setting up a r am disk

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Apr 26 08:58:44 CDT 2003

Hi Drew

To be more precise: A virtual disk uses something else than a disk,
like ram or diskettes.

Yes, that's right. I once had a driver for a virtual harddrive. It
used 360K floppy disks for emulating a "giant" disk of many MBs. Every
time the system needed access to another part of the drive than that
of the current floppy, a message popped up asking to insert floppy no.
so and so.

Do I need to tell that this approach was extremely close to useless?

/gustav