[AccessD] Select Range of Records ...Word from Access

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 21 04:30:50 CDT 2003

On 21 Aug 2003 at 16:13, ACTEBS wrote:

> Been there done that and know what you're going through. Something
> else that I have experienced during my travels is that sometimes video
> card drivers don't work with the installed hardware as claimed. You
> may want to update their video card drivers. I have had one instance
> where an installed card (Matrox) stopped an Access report from adding
> up correctly!!! Don't ask me how I found out, just lucky I had my
> laptop to verify - it almost drove me around the bend - what the video
> card had to do with the internal workings of the CPU I'll never know.
> Needless to day I don't buy Matrox cards anymore - are they still
> around? Oooppps, sorry I digress...
>
> Are you sure that the limit of a word doc is 32 meg? I currently
> looking at a document that is 38Meg and it opens fine - no transparent
> window. If you like, send me some sample data with the word template
> and I'll try and run it here to see if I get the same result...

Yep. 32 MB is a Word limit for Text.

Straight from the horses mouth

"The maximum file size is limited to 32 MB for the total document
text only and does not include graphics, regardless of how the
graphics image is inserted (Link to file, Save with document, or
Wrapping style) into the document. Therefore, if the file contains
graphics, the maximum file size can be larger than 32 MB."

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211489

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Change is inevitable; progress is optional.