[AccessD] Select Range of Records ...Word from Access

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 21 07:03:31 CDT 2003

Bryan

...I beg to differ with MS on this issue ...less the graphics, the file
produced is well below 32Mb and works wonderfully ...with the graphics (and
many different sets have been tried) it balloons to 75Mb and Word simply
will not open it ...so something is wrong in that MS blurb (surprise,
surprise). If I produce only a thousand records, it all works. The systems
all have a gig of fast ram and many gbs of free disk space so its not a
memory issue. Neither is it a corruption or video driver issue since quite
different machines and different image sources produce the same results.

...I'm headed into the client's office now hoping that linking the graphics
instead of embedding them will solve the problem :(
...if not, I'll have a go at Mattys solution but so far I've been unable to
make that work ...hopefully a few hours sleep will have made my dim bulb a
bit brighter :(

...if all else fails I'll run a couple of manual queries to break the print
job into smaller files just to get the print job running today ...but since
this will be repeated frequently I'm going to have to figure out how to
automate splitting the merge file. Thanks to all for replying.

William Hindman
So, then, to every man his chance -- to every man, regardless of his birth,
his shining golden opportunity -- to every man his right to live, to work,
to be himself, to become whatever his manhood and his vision can combine to
make him -- this, seeker, is the promise of America.
-- Thomas Wolfe