[AccessD] Database Passwords

Thu Aug 28 08:12:43 CDT 2003

The real point about setting a database password is that for $25 to $zero
you can get a simple hack from the web that will reveal the password. So...
they are more trouble that they are worth.

If you are running under NT / 2000 / XP it's much more effective to grant
access via the O/S permissions, and if you need anything stronger than that
it's time to look at a Oracle or SQL Server back end.

Lambert