[AccessD] Multiple versions of Office on one PC - again.

jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com
Fri Aug 29 08:42:38 CDT 2003

Bobby,

I have both Office97 and OffXP Develper on my system here at work.  We also
use Notes instead of Outlook.  I have not had any problems of corruption.

                    "Bobby Heid"
                    <bheid at appdevgrp.com>             To:     "'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'"
                    Sent by:                          <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
                    accessd-bounces at databasead        cc:
                    visors.com                        Subject:     [AccessD] Multiple versions of Office on one PC - again.

                    08/29/2003 08:08 AM
                    Please respond to "Access
                    Developers discussion and
                    problem solving"

Hi all,

One of our big clients has decided that they want to make the jump from
Acc97 to AccXP.  I currently have Acc97 and OffXP installed on my Win2k
system.  I have no issues with this setup.

Due to a slow changing over at the client, they will have to run both
versions of our app.  Both versions run fine on my system (and at the same
time, even!).  But our client is saying that their desktop is getting
corrupted.  I have no details of the event(s).  They seem to think it is
from the 97 (which may be office 97 in some cases) and the XP versions are
causing the corruption.

My question to ya'll is has anyone seen any form of corruption to systems
using this setup?  Note that they are using Lotus notes and not Outlook, if
that matters.

Thanks,
Bobby