[AccessD] CmdRunApp Help

Gowey Mike W Mike.W.Gowey at doc.state.or.us
Tue Dec 9 14:02:31 CST 2003

Hello all,

I have within my database a call to run a batch program that takes a
file that resides on one of our Network servers and copies it to our
local server and renames it to a text file.  I than take that text file
and import it into a table.

My question is, is there a way to call the batch program and have it run
in the background or run minimized.  Right now it works but the dos
window comes up over the top of the database and does the copy and
rename in other words runs in the foreground.

I have a progress meter that comes up that I would like the user to see
rather than the ugly little black dos window.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mike Gowey, MCSA, A+
Team Leader - SRCI
Information Systems & Services Division