[AccessD] Display message while processing information

Thu Feb 6 12:53:28 CST 2003

I'm guessing that your function runs a loop  which appends records one by
one to the temp table. In which case, if you know how many records will be
processed in the loop, are a decent guestimate, you can use SysCmd to give
the user a progress bar on the bottom left corner of the Access window.

pseudo code
Dim nRecords as Long
Dim nCurrentRecord as Long

	nRecords = SomeNumber ' your estimate or an actual count
	nCurrentRecord = 0
	SysCmd acSysCmdInitMeter, "Creating Temp Table, please wait...",
nRecords

	' For Loop is just for example. you might use a Do Loop or whatever.
	' The For loop conveniently increments the counter, in any other
loop
	' you'd need to do that manually : nCurrentRecord = nCurrentRecord +
1

	For nCurrentRecord = 1 to nRecords
		' Process the data
		SysCmd acSysCmdUpdateMeter, nCurrentRecord
		DoEvents
	Next nCurrentRecord
	SysCmd acSysCmdClearStatus

If you cannot get an exact record count number, then a good over estimate
will still let you display a moving progress bar which tells the user things
are happening.

HTH

Lambert