Netscape with IE - was RE: [AccessD] New look for ColbyConsulting

Martin Reid mwp.reid at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK
Thu Feb 20 10:33:00 CST 2003

Thats the problem usign Flash buttons as opposed to
standard graphic files. You need the flash plug in. Me I
just hit the back button when I get a web site like that.

Martin

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:08:27 -0500 Bryan Carbonnell
<Bryan_Carbonnell at cbc.ca> wrote:

> IE uses ActiveX controls for plugins.
>
> Most other browsers use Plug-Ins, which are usually separate downloads, half the time requiring a restart of the browser.
>
> That's probably why.
>
> Bryan Carbonnell
> bryan_carbonnell at cbc.ca

> Well, here's a new one.  I have been viewing my site this whole time.
> Installed Mozilla and it informed my I had to download the flash widget
> (button).  Why?  It had to be installed for IE to run.

Martin WP Reid
Information Services
Queens University Belfast

Tel: (02890) 273750