[AccessD] .NET

John W. Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Feb 24 11:03:01 CST 2003

In the end though, this thread is about .net, not whatever combination of
"free stuff" you want to throw out as, taken in combination, represents the
.net equivalent in Linux.  I would certainly encourage a discussion of that
sort, but I think it would be more useful in a separate thread where those
who are interested in that and not this, can set their filters accordingly.

I would prefer to just discuss .net.  I am well aware that Linux exists.  I
am well aware that some people have dislike bordering on mania for
Microsoft.  Both of those topics are great fodder for the OT list.  I
certainly am not making any attempt to convert the MSophobes to another MS
product.  It is going to be very difficult to have an intelligent discussion
on this subject if it is going to be about how java is better, or Linux is
better, or the land of the rising sun is better, or...

I am not saying that .net is better than anything.  It simply is a toolset,
about which I would LIKE to hold a discussion.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting