[AccessD] Access 2002 database format

William Hindman wdhindman at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 26 09:23:42 CST 2003

Message...there is a problem with bloating in the XP storage format ...creating an empty mdb and importing everything into it will get rid of the bloat ...MS will get around to fixing this sooner or later :(

...in the meantime, since I do require mdes, I'm stuck with the XP format ...so far the bloating, now that I can fix it easily, isn't a major problem ...but if I didn't require mdes I'd be using the 2K format.

...there appears to be VERY little information available on the differences other than some vague reference to the XP format having some features applicable to future Access versions and supposedly more efficient storage ...considering the definite bloat problem, I have issues with the MS definition of "efficient" :(

William Hindman