[AccessD] Thanks

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Thu Jan 30 10:11:00 CST 2003

A huge round of applause to all those who maintain this list, and who
resurrected it on the new site after the old one went away.

You probably have some idea how valuable this list is to its members, but in
case you need reminding, even though I'm one of the "advanced" developers on
this list, I pretty much regard it as my email home page. I look here first
for questions I can answer and threads of interest. I very frequently copy
code fragments from email messages into my CodeLib.MDB, which I keep fairly
well organized by topic and keywords, so that for example I can jump in and
find samples of ADO command and parameter objects. I paste in a snippet and
do a couple of replaces and boom, next problem.

Speaking of CodeLib.MDB, it appears that you cannot open it with Access or
otherwise get into it, except through its front end. This is unfortunate,
since it prevents easy merging of, say, your CodeLib.MDB with my own. I've
tried importing &c to no avail.  Does anyone have any ideas for how to get
around this? I think that CodeLib is almost as valuable as this list, other
than its inability to share :-)

Arthur