[AccessD] inconsistent updates

Susan Harkins harkins at iglou.com
Fri Jan 31 23:31:00 CST 2003

I think this one got lost this past weekend.

Documentation leads me to believe that even a dynamic ADO recordset is
consistent by default. However, I just checked and rst.Properties("Jet
OLEDB:Inconsistent") returns True, and it acts appropriately (as
inconsistent) without explicitly setting the property using

.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Inconsistent") = False

With rst
  .ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection
  .CursorType = adOpenDynamic
  .LockType = adLockOptimistic
  .Open strSQL

Anyone know what's going on -- either the documentation's wrong (surprise)
or there's more to what determines the property's default.

Susan  H.