[AccessD] Missing References - OC30.dll "Standard OLE Types"

Bruce Bruen bbruen at bigpond.com
Fri Jul 11 16:43:33 CDT 2003

Hi List,

Just opened an oldish app and got the usual "contains a mising or broken
reference to the file..." message.  OK, not a problem I'll just link it
to the new version I thought.

But the problem is that I don't have a clue what this library is anymore
or, whats worse, why I referenced it.  I cannot find anthing called
Ocxx.dll, nor can I find any OLE library that gives the name "Standard
OLE Types". I think the app was built on an A2K Office running on W2K,
perhaps even NT4.

Can anyone tell me what this library contains, and if possible what its
replacement under AXP on XP would be?  (and if you're psychic, what the
hell I was using it for?)

I dereferenced it and the app "seems" to run OK with limited
testing.....

While I'm on the subject, does anyone know where the titles in the
References list come from?  They are not the same as the info displayed
on the version tab of the dll file properties, nor are they generally
the same as the names displayed in the object browser libraries combo
box.  Is there a way, programatically of getting at library file
properties to build a cross-reference table.  For that matter, is there
a way of looping through ALL the available references in Access and
building such a table?

Tia
Bruce