[AccessD] Using Calender Pop-up (Date-selector) from ADH

Backroads Data backroad at idir.net
Tue Jul 15 09:23:17 CDT 2003

Hi all -

In Access97, I've used the pop-up calender / date-selector from Access97 Developer's Handbook (pp. 488-491) extensively throughout an application.  I've had reports from various users that the calendar will quit working intermittantly for a while, then start to work again.

By "not working", they mean the calendar form appears, they can navigate to any date, but when selecting a date the system fails to update the date field (text box on the form) with the newly selected date.  It will be in this state for a while, then will begin working properly again.

Below is the code I'm using to call the calendar and update the date field.  Has anyone had any similar experience, or have any ideas what might be happening?  TIA.

Private Sub dateStart_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)

    Dim dateNew As Variant

        Let dateNew = adhDoCalendar(Me.dateStart)    'get user's selected date

        If IsNull(dateNew) Then         'user cancelled calendar form
            Exit Sub
        Else
            Me.dateStart = CDate(dateNew)
        End If