[AccessD] Find Latest Revision

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Mon Jul 28 07:40:29 CDT 2003

I need a form to open from a command button that will be used to check for
the latest revision of a document. I want it to compare several fields,
document number, department, revision, change. Or at least document number &
department.

Example of number: DIVS-WR1450-M001, Rev 0, Ch A
The WR1450 is the ESONumber TEXT (this number is always either WR1450 or
W34500)
M is for the department (in this example - M is for Mechanical, there will
be C-Civil, E-Electrical) TEXT
001 is a sequential number for the document

I want to assign the next sequential number, Revision, Change for each DIVS
based on the project number. I wasn't able to figure out how to have the
numbers assigned automatically based on 4 factors, so I thought I would just
have another form open and get the next numbers from there based on what was
showing as the last number used.

 stDocName = "frmDIVSRevisions"

    stLinkCriteria = "[ESONumber]=" & "'" & Me![ESONumber] And "[cboDept] =
" & " '" & Me!Department

    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

Virginia