[AccessD]OT: C# was no-ip.com

Marcus, Scott (GEAE, Contractor) scott.marcus at ae.ge.com
Mon Jul 28 10:22:27 CDT 2003

John,

Are you learning C# also?

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: jcolby at colbyconsulting.com [mailto:jcolby at colbyconsulting.com]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 10:11 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: RE: [AccessD] no-ip.com

Scott,

Thanks for the response.  I did have to give the IIS Server a fixed 192.168
IP, and with a few other things got it all working again.  Anyone interested
can go to http://colbyconsulting.no-ip.com to see the results.  This is just
a simple web page, but the time is created using a call to VB.Net.

Oooooohhh!

Ok, not a big deal, it just demonstrates that IIS is correctly talking to
the .net framework and passing the .net stuff off to ASP.Net to be handled.

For anyone not yet looking at .net, what this gives me is all of the
capabilities of the .net framework which include an enormously powerful set
of classes, as well as the programming languages - vb.net, c#.net etc.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com