[AccessD] A2K: On error goto next

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Mon Jul 7 13:35:26 CDT 2003

Jim,

>> I'm a bit confused as to why if a criteria is
passed your working with a global database reference, but if you don't your
use local variables. <<

Sharp eyes there, Jim. Once again, my fault. I use a user-defined Type to
hold a number of global variables. The function originally just set the dbs
variable to currentDb. I changed those references to use the global dbs
variable. When I edited the function to paste into your message I thought
I'd re-insert the standard private variable declaration...I just didn't
change them all.

All of your points are gems. I was taking on faith that the domain functions
were slower across the board. I never tested that assumption after starting
to write apps in A2K. And, since the last 6 months have been very tight for
revenue, I haven't really felt impelled to review or--what's the
word?--re-factor code for existing applications unless there's an immediate
payoff.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits." - Mark Twain