[AccessD] OT W2K Help!!!!!!

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 15:03:13 CDT 2003

Would have posted to the new tech list but not sure how many are on that
yet and this is a bit desperate.

Have just finished upgrading my son's PC from W98SE to W2K so that he
can attach the iPod I just bought him. Fairly easy until it booted in
W2K for the first time. It asked me for a single password to use for the
existing account and for the new administrator account it has created. I
used my son's name and it took it fine, except that now I can't log on
at all. It kinda knows 'tom' (for so it is) is correct because when I
enter that it takes it but just comes straight back to ask for it again,
whereas anything else I type gets rejected as invalid. But a lot of
b****y good that is when I can't get in. Reboot after reboot, still no
joy. Caps on, caps off. What on earth can I do? I've scanned the web but
software to crack W2K passwords has a price around $2-300!!!! Help!!!!

Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk