[AccessD] Importing multiple supplier price books

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Jul 10 08:31:13 CDT 2003

Hi Charles and Haydn

That _could_ be an idea ...

If you view my recent message

  XML: SysOnyx LTE (xmlLinguist Translation Engine)

I request some info on the map file. I found that here:

  http://www.vbxml.com/xmllinguist/download.asp

Look for xmlLinguist Help File:

  http://www.vbxml.com/xmllinguist/xmlLinguist_help.zip

This tells me that you could for every import file format create a map
file, then convert the files to xml files with a single common format
which you could import in Access.

I'm not affiliated with SysOnyx in any way but the xmlLinguist looks
like a nice tool which could prove cost effective when the alternative
is to create (and maintain!) hand coded long and boring import
routines.

/gustav

> If all the books are in electronic format, then why not have them all
> converted into XML?

---