[AccessD] OT: Finders fees anyone?

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Wed Jul 16 08:19:20 CDT 2003

Jim,

>> A local staffing company called to
see if I would do Access training.  I gave them 15% off my rate and they
charged the client full price. <<

Training would definitely be on our list of services to offer. I think maybe
that we might lead with that considering your experience. Thanks!

>> Just make sure the firm is reputable and has a few years under it's belt.
<<

That's a lock. This outfit just received an award for the best small
business in the area. The owner is on the board of directors of a number of
companies, including a bank. On Monday I made a round of calls to my clients
asking if they would give me verbal or written recommendations of our
company. Every single person I talked to knew of this staffing company. The
personnel director at my biggest client knows the owner personally. Looks
good, says I.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits." - Mark Twain