[AccessD] OT: Finders fees anyone?

Gary Kjos garykjos at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 09:48:46 CDT 2003

>>Did you get insurance/retirement benefits that aren't included in the
>>salary figure?<<

Yeah some. We have a good benefit package. Not outstanding but good. I'm
looking forward to actual PAID vacation without feeling guilt that I should
be working and billing and making some money. That was one issue I never got
over in my years of contract work. When I took a day off I calculated how
much money I wasn't making because of it. And paid sick time. Not that I am
sick all that often, but when I was contracting, I would drag myself here no
matter what.

Of course, being paid for all the hours worked verses a flat monthly salary,
working those 50 hour weeks was easier to take when i thought of the extra
billable hours coming. Now it's all gonna be the same.

But at least I'm working. And I like it here. And I like the stuff I work
on. All in all, I can't complain.

Gary Kjos
garykjos at hotmail.com