[AccessD] Future of Access?

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Wed Jul 16 09:50:30 CDT 2003

Jarad,

You don't say where your local university is located, but obviously not
near a technology hot spot.

At the local university across the street from me, the beginning
language for CS students is Java and most incoming freshmen that plan on
majoring in CS already know it.  Even in the current downturn, trying to
hire graduates from their CS program for a position that does not use
OOT is next to impossible.  What we can find are graduates from other
programs that have minored in CS or MIS and willing to take any position
whether or not OOT.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency