[AccessD] Keeping a subreport on one page

Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd. SDSSoftware at Optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 23 20:43:48 CDT 2003

Sorry - coffee must have helped. I have put the subreport in the report footer and set 'Keep together' on the footer to Yes.

Cheers
Kath
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Software Design & Solutions Pty Ltd.
  To: AccessD at databaseadvisors.com
  Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 11:23 AM
  Subject: [AccessD] Keeping a subreport on one page

  Have I forgotten some very basic thing - I just want a subreport to stay together and I can't seem to achieve it simply. (the subreport is small and in itself could never be > 15 lines).

  I have written a function which will tell me whether I want the subreport to go to a new page or not and based on that I want the subreport to stay or force a new page.

  eg.

  If CalcNewPageNeeded() = true then
      'do something here to force subreport to new page
  Endif

  I have also tried the 'on format' event of the subreport's header section, eg.

  if CalcNewPageNeeded() = true
      Me.Section(1).ForceNewPage = 1
  Endif

  but with no luck.