[AccessD] relations in which database

Marcel Vreuls marcel.vreuls at oop.nl
Wed Jun 4 08:25:14 CDT 2003

Hi Charles,

The advantages are not mine but I got them from several forums. We have
noticed that the performance of our application is slowing down. In our
search to solutions we have found some usefull things.
One of the solutions is moving the relationships from the be to the fe. The
jet engine can do it joining, selecting and interpreting localy in it own
database instead of over the network in another (BE) database. So only
storage is in the BE all the intelligence is in the FE

In mine humble opinion this sounds logical and in situations when you have
more than one BE I think this is the only solution to relate tables to each
other. So why not do this, it seems to work and available in Access. Am I
not sure how JET acts when there are the same relationships in the FE and BE

gr marcel