[AccessD] A2K: Drag and Drop with Access

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Thu Jun 5 10:42:24 CDT 2003

Drag and drop could be very useful, Charlotte.  As useful as in any
other application.

For example, I worked for a company that had a variable compensation
product.  If we could have allowed the users to assign people or
department to different compensation plans by dragging and dropping
the person or group's name over to a folder (or something) for the
appropriate plan, everyone would have been ecstatic.

Just one instance where I can see it would be useful.

Sadly, we never pulled it off.

I worked for another company that managed to hack out a fair
drag-n-drop in an Access 2000 app, but I never got to look at the
code.

-Christopher-