[AccessD] OT: the "Education" system

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Wed Jun 11 16:48:05 CDT 2003

On the other hand, there are still some with principles. My niece was supposed to graduate tonight, but she failed her honors English class. It's literature and she just doesn't "get it" (she much prefers "facts" to imagination). Even though she's pretty much a straight A student, since she got an F in that class, she can't graduation. She has to take it over in summer school. She tried to talk the teacher into a D- so she could go through the graduation ceremony, but the teacher stuck to her guns. Tania is disappointed, of course, but she understand and holds no animosity.

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
kathryn at bassett.net