[AccessD] RE:Opening Workgroup Protected DB SOLVED

Mon Jun 16 17:25:11 CDT 2003

Well for those who care to know, the code below shells out the process.. So
simply, but man, did it take me a while to get it right....

Sub sOpenDBWithPwd()
Dim strDB As String
Dim strWG As String
Dim strCmd As String
Dim objSecuredDB As Access.Application
Dim SecuredDB As String

On Error GoTo HandleErr
  strDB = """C:\Program Files\ServiceXp\SXPMANT.mdb"""
  strWG = """C:\Program Files\ServiceXp\SXPSEC.mdw"""

  strCmd = SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessDir) & "MSAccess.exe " _
      & strDB & " /wrkgrp " & strWG _
      & " /user Administrator" & " /pwd adminpassword"

  Call Shell(strCmd, vbNormalNoFocus)
  DoEvents: DoEvents: DoEvents
  'Set objSecuredDB = GetObject(strDB) ' If you wan't to set the focus to
the newly opened db

ExitHere:
    Exit Sub

' Error handling block added by Error Handler Add-In. DO NOT EDIT this block
of code.
' Automatic error handler last updated at 06-09-2003 18:58:17
'ErrorHandler:$$D=06-09-2003    'ErrorHandler:$$T=18:58:17
HandleErr:
    Select Case Err.Number
        Case -2147467259 ' Error is caused by somthing to do with the
toolbars not refreshing fast enough, very strange
           Resume Next
        Case -2147221020 'Cant find the cause of this error, although
ignoring it doesn't seem to cause any problems
           Resume Next
        Case Else
            MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description,
vbCritical, "crypt.sOpenDBWithPwd"   'ErrorHandler:$$N=crypt.sOpenDBWithPwd
            'Log Error
            Call ErrorRecordSystem(Err.Number, Err.Description, Now,
"Un-Expected Error In Proc; " & "crypt.sOpenDBWithPwd", CurrentUser())
'ErrorHandler:$$N=crypt.sOpenDBWithPwd

    End Select
' End Error handling block.
End Sub